Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

2009 is almost over, and I'm happy to say that it was a good year, for the most part. I think my art has improved greatly since I went to Ringling, and though I'm not there now I am feeling a little better about myself and how things are going. I feel that if I get my mind back in the swing of things, by surrounding myself by as much visual motivation as possible, I can make it back and do what I was meant to do.

I don't belong in Nebraska working for Petland. I belong in a studio, working with minds like mine, as a storyteller.

In the meantime, I have some Cockatoos I'd like to share with you. I love my birds at work and they provide a lot of inspiration for character designs. These are based off some birds I've had the privilege to work with in my past two years at Petland.


The first two on the left are Sulfer Crested Cockatoos, the crazy one with the fluff is an umbrella, and the one on it's back is a psychopathic Rose Breasted (Ghala) Cockatoo.

Someday I'll design character representations of all the species of birds I've worked with,(budgies, parrots, finches, etc) but for now, I just don't have the time to draw all 35+.

No comments: