Monday, November 19, 2012

Finding "Georgia"

Hey guys! I'm back from  CTNx, and I can honestly say it was fantastic.  I met so many great people, hung out with new friends and even befriended some of my idols.  I have never left something feeling so overwhelmingly inspired and motivated. It was such a refreshing trip. To be told by not just people I look up to and my peers, but also representers of the studios I aspire to work for, that I'm going in the right direction, is a blessing in itself. 

It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back next year.  

Anyway, I had some time today to think about what I wanted to draw tonight, and I have a really cool idea (I think) for a character that I want to try out.  Her name is "Georgia," but that is subject to change.  I haven't quite found her yet. However, in the process of figuring out how to solve the design challenges of creating her character, I still got some good gestures and a marker illustration out of it.

She's a Russian Brown Bear.  They look a little bit like Grizzlies, but they have much larger ears and have a very 'canine' look to them.  <3 p="p">




I was worrying about messing up the original sketch so I scanned it. I  may take a digital approach to her later.


..and here are some warm doodles on index card sized scratch pad paper. Had to get in the "groove" of drawing bears :D

I will talk more about CTN a little bit later.  I need to get my butt into bed! 

No comments: